GuopingWANG, Professor of Computer Science, Peking University，Associate Director of Institute of Software, Peking University, and Director of Graphics & Interactive Technology Laboratory, Peking University.
He got Bachelor's and Master's degree from Dept. of Mathematics, Harbin Institute of Technology in 1987 and 1990 respectively, and got Ph.D from Institute of Mathematics, Fudan University in1997.
He was engaged in postdoctoral research in Dept. of Computer Science, Tsinghua University from 1997 to 1999, and got full professor position in Dept. of Computer Science, Peking University in 2002. He achieved the National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars in 2009.
Contact: 010-62751781, email: wgp (at)pku(dot)edu(dot)cn
RESEARCH INTERESTS: Virtual Reality, Computer Graphics, Human-Computer Interaction, Multimedia.
Ø Member of ISO/IEC JTC1/SC24 International Organization for Standardization (2011-)
Ø Member of National Information Standard Committee (2011-)
Ø Director of SC24 technical Committee of National Information Standard Committee (2010-)
Ø Vice director of Committee of VR and Visualization of China Computer Federation (2006-)
Ø Standing Member of Council of China Society of Image and Graphics (2005-)
Ø Vice director of Council of Beijing Society of Image and Graphics (2007-)
Ø Standing Member of Committee of CAD&CG of China Computer Federation (2002-)
Ø Associate Editor-in-chief of Computer Aided Drafting, Design and Manufacturing (2012-)
Ø Member of Editorial Advisory Board of Journal of Computer Aided Design and Computer Graphics (J of CAD & CG) (2003-)
RESEARCH PROJECTS (selected)
1. The Consistency Method and Theory of Design Process of Product, Supported by The National Basic Research Program of China (1.2010-12.2014)
2. National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars, National Science Foundation of China(1.2010-12.2013)
3. Rapid simulation of the damage and collapse process of architectures，supported by the National Natural Science Fund of China (1.2010-12.2012)
4. the Real-time rendering and modeling of Virtual Scene based on physics, supported by the key program of the national Natural Science Fund of China (2009.1-2013.12)
5. The SWEEP Geometric modeling method and its applications, Supported by NSF of China (1.2005-12.2007)
6. The Method and Theory of Geometric Design and Computing in Product Design, Supported by The National Basic Research Program of China (1.2004-12.2009)
SOME REPRESENTATIVE PATENTS:
1. One Method and Its Implemented Device of Calibrating Camera (02146512.6), Inventors: Meng Yang, Yisong Chen, Guoping Wang
2. One Method and Its Implemented Device of Inputting Chinese Characters (02126464.3), Inventors: Weining Yue, Aiqing Dong, Heng Wang, Guoping Wang, Shihai Dong
3. One Method and Its Implemented Device of Multiples Streaming Media Synchronous Synthesization, (200410009072.9), Inventors: Guoping Wang, Qicheng Li, Meng Yang
4. One Method and System of 3D Geometric Modeling, (200510012273.9), Inventors: Guoping Wang, Yuzhou Wang, Kai Zhang, Wenbin Ge
5. One Visualization method and its system of the Distributed Virtual Reality on Mobile Device. Inventors: Sheng Li, Guoping Wang(201010612833.5)
6. One method of Dynamic texture sampling and its merging by using of Mobile Camera. Inventor: Guoping Wang, Sheng Li, Yisong Chen, Yuzhou Wang (201010598597.6)
7. One Calibration method and its System of 3D Reconstruction. Inventor: Guoping Wang, Yuzhou Wang(201010606031.3)
SOME REPRESENTATIVE REFEREED PUBLICATIONS
1. Chen Tang, Sheng Li, Guoping Wang, Yutong Zang. Stable stylized wireframe rendering. Journal of Computer Animation and Virtual Worlds (CASA2010)， Volume 21 Issue 3-4, Pages 411-421
2. Chen Tang, Sheng Li, Guoping Wang. Reduced deforming filter culling for fast continuous collision detection. Proceedings of the 17th ACM Symposium on Virtual Reality Software and Technology, HongKong, 2010, pp.79-82.
3. Chen Tang, Sheng Li, Guoping Wang. Fast Continuous Collision Detection using Parallel Filter in Subspace，ACM I3D 2011 (accepted)
4. Bo Geng, Huijuan Zhang, Heng Wang, Guoping Wang. Approximate Passion Disk sampling on Mesh.Accepted in “Science in china(F)”
5. Yisong Chen, Horace H. S. Ip, Sheng Li, Guoping Wang, Discovering Hidden Knowledge in Data Classification via Multivariate Analysis, Accepted by Expert Systems, 2009.
6. Guoping Wang, Sheng Li, Shaorong Wang, Bin Lu, Wenhang Li. ViWoSG: A Distributed Scene Graph of Ultra-massive Distributed Virtual Environments, Science in China (F), 2009,3,1-12
7. Zhangjin Huang, Jiansong Deng, Guoping Wang. A bound on the approximation of a Catmull-Clark subdivision surface by its limit mesh. Computer Aided Geometric Design, 25, n 7, October, 2008: 457-469（SCI 351ZU, EI: 083511487558）
8. Sheng Li, Guoping Wang, Enhua Wu. A New Approach for Construction and Rendering of Dynamic Light Shaft. Computers & Graphics, 2008,32(6) :660-668（SCI 391XA）
10. Zhangjin Huang, Guoping Wang. Improved Error Estimate for Extraordinary Catmull-Clark Subdivision Surface Patches. The Visual Computer, 23(12), 2007:1005-1014 (The Best Paper Award of CAD/Graphics 2007)
11. Xin Huang, Sheng Li, Guoping Wang, A GPU Based Interactive Modeling Approach to Designing Fine Level Features. Proceeding of the 33rd Graphics Interface 2007(GI’2007): 305-311, Back Cover Image.
12. Weining Yue, Qingwei Guo, Jie Zhang, Guoping Wang. 3D Triangular mesh optimization for geometry processing in CAD, ACM International Conference on Solid and Physical Modeling 2007(SPM’07): 23-33
13. Zhangjin Huang, Guoping Wang, Distance Between a Catmull-Clark Subdivision Surface and Its Limit Mesh. ACM International Conference on Solid and Physical Modeling 2007(SPM’07): 233-240 (The Second Best Paper Award of ACM SPM 2007).
14. W. Yue , D. Yin, C. Li, G. Wang, and T. Xu, Automated 2-D Cephalometric analysis on x-ray images by a model based approach, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 53, 1615-1623, Aug. 2006.
15. Xin Huang, Shijia Zhang, Guoping Wang, Heng Wang, A New Image Retrieval Method Based on Optimal Color Matching, Proceedings of the 2006 International Conference on Image Processing, Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition, 276-282, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, June 26-29, 2006, Volume 1.
16. W. Yue, S. Mu, G. Wang, H. Wang. TGH: A case study of designing natural interaction for mobile guide systems, the 7th international conference on Human computer interaction with mobile devices & services (MobileHCI'05), ACM International Conference Proceeding Series, vol. 111, pp. 199-206, 2005.
17. Zhang Kai, Xu Xi, Zhang Li, and Wang Guoping. Stereo Matching and 3-D Reconstruction for Optic Disk Images, CVIBA 2005, LNCS 3765, pp. 517-525, Oct. 2005.
18. Weining Yue, Dali Yin, Chengjun Li, Guoping Wang, Tianmin Xu. Locating large-scale craniofacial feature points on x-ray images for automated Cephalometric analysis, The IEEE International Conference on Image Processing 2005 (ICIP’05), IEEE Press, 1246-1249, 2005
19. Yisong Chen, Guoping Wang, Shihai Dong. Further Improvement On Dynamic Programming For Optimal Bit Allocation, Journal of Computer Science and Technology, Vol. 18, No.1, 109-113, 2003
20. Chen Yisong, Wang Guoping, Dong Shihai. Learning with progressive Transductive support vector machine, Pattern Recognition Letter, Elsevier Science, Vol. 24(12), Aug. 2003, pp. 1845-1855
21. Guoping Wang, Jiaguan Sun. Shape Control of Swept Surface With Profiles, CAD, 33 (2001) 893-902.
22. Guoping Wang, Jiaguan Sun, Xuanjii Hua. The SEDE Algorithm For the General Deformed Swept Volumes, Computer Aided Geometrical Design, 17 (2000), 5, 399-418
Updated on 2012-09-10